Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Manufacturer Part Number: P08475-B21
Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.hpe.com
Brand Name: HPE
Product Name: Virtual Connect 16Gb 24-Port Fibre Channel Module For c-Class BladeSystem
Do you need to simplify the way to connect your servers with the SAN? The HPE Virtual Connect 16Gb 24-port Fibre Channel Module for c-Class BladeSystem is a new class of blade interconnectthat simplifies server connections by cleanly separating the server enclosure from the SAN. It simplifies the process of connecting servers to Fibre Channel networks by reducing cables and your SAN switch management domain, and by allowing you to change servers in minutes. You can reduce costs and simplify connections to SANs, consolidate your network connections, and enable administrators to add, replace and recover server resources on-the-fly. Being standards-based, it looks like a pass-thru device to the Fibre Channel network, yet provides all the key benefits of integrated switching including high performance 16 Gb uplinks to the SAN. The integrated design frees up rack space, reduces power and cooling requirements, while reducing cables and utilizing small form-factor pluggable transmitters.
- Doubles the Virtual Connect Fibre Channel bandwidth from 8 Gb to 16 Gb.
- Doubles the performance of transmitting big data between HPE Virtual Connect and the SAN.
- Doubles the performance of transmitting Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) data between HPE Virtual Connect and the SAN.
- Increases the performance of transmitting multimedia data between HPE Virtual Connect and the SAN.
- Due to changes in business processes, new part numbers are being introduced to replace the existing part numbers. Please refer to quick spec for details.
HPE Virtual Connect 16Gb 24-port Fibre Channel Module for c-Class BladeSystem is compatible with all other NPIV standards-based SAN switch products. This provides high performance, end-to-end connections with your favorite brands of SAN switches.
Functions as a simple Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter (HBA) to the SAN network while reducing cable complexity. Any changes to the server are transparent to its associated network, cleanly separating the servers from SAN and relieving SAN Administrators from server maintenance.
Works with the Virtual Connect Manager to allow the SAN administrator define available SANs, LANs, server connections, and manage server connection profiles.
Product Type: Expansion Module
- Data Networking
- Optical Network
Media & Performance
Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
Ethernet Technology: 16 Gigabit Ethernet
- Fiber Channel
Number of Total Expansion Slots: 24
Expansion Slot Type: SFP
Form Factor: Rack-mountable
Weight (Approximate): 2.01 lb
- HP c-Class BladeSystem Servers
- NPIV Standards-Based SAN Switches